- Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor University of Leeds and Leeds Biomedical Research Centre
- Orchid id; https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8431-9929
- Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust 2001-
- Honorary Clinical Associate Professor University of Leeds and Leeds Biomedical Research Centre.
- Associate of the Arthritis Research UK Centre for Sport, Exercise and Osteoarthritis: a consortium of Nottingham, Oxford, Southampton, Bath, Loughborough, UCL and Leeds Universities investigating the relationship between acute and overuse injury and subsequent Osteoarthritis
- National Best MSK Programme Diagnostics Workstream Lead for NHSE, 2021-
- British Society Skeletal Radiologists President 2018-2020
- Clinical Director for Leeds Radiology 2012 – 2018
- Dr Robinson is the current joint Chief Editor of Seminars in Musculoskeletal Radiology and serves on a number of committees for the Royal College of Radiologists, European Society of Radiology, European Society of Skeletal Radiology and International Skeletal Society.
- Dr Robinson is a Medical Advisor to the European PGA Golf Tour and helped organize imaging services for the 2002 Commonwealth Games, 2003 World Indoor Athletics Championships and the 2012 Olympic Games.
Research and Teaching Interests
Dr Robinson has authored over 100 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters and 1 textbook. Orchid id; https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8431-9929
His main research interests include:
- sports overuse injuries (particularly groin, hip, knee and ankle pain)
- radiology techniques eg:
- 3T MRI MSK techniques
- MR Fingerprinting for MSK sarcomas
- Ultrasound Shear Wave Elastography
- clinical effectiveness studies
- sarcoma imaging and management