Research, An Always Event
We are excited to share with you the Trust’s new 5-year Research & Innovation strategy. The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us the importance of research and how health research is a vital part of the world we live in today. The Trust has significantly contributed to work identifying new therapies and discounting others since the start of March and is currently progressing planning how to run COVID-19 vaccine trials across the region. Over the next 5 years, we aim to be the best Trust to deliver high-quality clinical research and to champion research amongst our staff. We also aim to maintain and grow our world-class clinical infrastructure and assets for research and innovation. D-19 research.
Our ambition is to:
- Be the best Trust to deliver high-quality Clinical Research
- Be the Best NHS Trust to Champion Research
- And to maintain and grow world-class clinical infrastructure and assets for research and innovation
Our aims are:
- To involve 100,000 participants in research at the Trust
- To reduce the amount of time and effort it takes to set up research projects using the Leeds Improvement Method
- To have over 1,100 live research projects within the Trust at any one time
- To deliver high-quality research and innovation management and support service for CSU’s, staff and patients
- To provide research training to >2,000 staff members via the LTHT Research Academy
- To develop a joint strategy with the University of Leeds in areas where it is pertinent to do so
Download and the full 2020/2025 strategy here.